We all know that lipsticks can look different on each person. Depending on hair color, skin tone, shape of the lips and the rest of makeup, one color can look a shade darker, brighter, paler,……. . Some girls think that they need to stick to one shade when it comes to lipsticks. Although we all have (and need) our favorite reliable go-to color I believe that everyone can pull off any lipstick, all you need is to know how to master it. Here are some tips that I picked up through the years to help me wear different lipstick shades much better.
1-Dark shadesMac lipstick Power Driven(Deep wine burgandy)
- Always use lip pencil to shape your lips and define lip lines
- Don’t wear heavy eyeshadows. Unless you are an expert or really good. It’s really hard to combine these two and keep the look chic.
- Wear a full coverage foundation.
- Keep the eyebrows as natural as possible.
2-Bright red or bright orange
Mac Lipstick So Chaud (Intense reddish-orange)
- Don’t wear too much blush. In most cases a simple contouring will be enough.
- Use a lip pencil, just make sure that they match.
- Use lip primer.
- Don’t forget the highlighter .
3-Nude or brown toned
Mac Lipstick Cherish (Soft muted peachy-beige)
- Don’t forget contouring and don’t be scared to go a little overboard with it (just a little).
- Eye liner and double coat mascara are necessary.
- Always add concealer to avoid looking tired or sleepless.
- Wearing a full coverage foundation is advisable.
4-Pink or violet toned
Mac Lipstick Dressed To Thrill (Soft petal pin)
- DON’T WEAR COLORFUL EYESHADOW. I can’t stress this enough.
- The rest of make up should be subtle and simple.
- Avoid orange toned contouring colors.
- Stick to one color pallet.
Remember that these are just suggestions while everyone can have their own preferences.
Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored. All photos belongs to Mac Cosmetic website.